This Leaf Is A Blessing From Nature: Combat Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Sugar And Fat In The Blood
Laurel properties are not used only in the culinary world to flavor our meals. It is also used as a key ingredient in Natural Medicine, for the treatment of numerous conditions.
Health Benefits and Therapeutic Uses
Some of the common laurel herb benefits and uses are as follows.
- Antioxidants in sweet bay laurel consist of chemical compounds that can help fight the damage caused by free radicals, thereby reducing the risk of cancer. Bay leaves also have anti-aging properties.
- Chemical compounds found in bay leaves also aid the digestion process. Indian and Mediterranean cuisines encourage the use of bay leaves as an antiseptic and digestive agent. Dried bay laurel maybe infused in tea to provide digestive relief or as appetite suppressant for weight loss.
- Vitamin A is essential for healthy skin, hair, and vision. It functions as a powerful antioxidant that may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. Sweet bay leaves contain almost 206 percent of recommended daily value of vitamin A per 100 grams.
- Vitamin B complex from sweet bay leaves helps regulate the function of nerves, organs, and hormone production. In addition, consuming dried or fresh bay leaves as part of the daily diet may also help individuals with diabetes to regulate their metabolism and lower blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin C or ascorbic acid is a powerful antioxidant. It may be used to reduce inflammation, fight viral disease, and boost the immune system against disease causing viruses and bacteria.
- Folic acid or folates present in bay leaves are a necessary part of DNA development in fetuses. Introduced to the prenatal diet, sweet bay laurel leaves can encourage DNA synthesis and even reduce the risk of nerve disorders in children.
- Essential minerals in bay leaves, including calcium, iron, copper, potassium, manganese, magnesium, selenium, and zinc, contribute to different bodily functions such as processing enzymes, improving blood cell production, regulating organ and muscle function, and so on.
- Other therapeutic uses of bay leaves include using essential oils extracted from leaves, berries or the bark of the tree to heal wounds, burns or inflammation and to relieve muscle pain or sprains. Natural or organic cures use sweet bay laurel healing properties in pills, creams, gels, herbal shampoos, and moisturizers.
- Sipping laurel tea can help to clear the sinuses and fight cold and flu symptoms.
The laurel helps in cases of:
-Lack of energy, exhaustion or cases of chronic fatigue
-Fatigue or blackouts
-Headaches and migraines
-Problems of the sciatic nerve
-Infections in the skin
-Bloating and flatulence
-Snoring and sleep apnea
-Muscle and nerve contractures
Laurel is known to be a great stimulant of the digestive system. It is carminative and hepatic. In turn, it is excellent for the respiratory system and helps to fight the flu. In addition, it improves blood circulation, is diuretic, antirheumatic and antibiotic.
Remedies with laurel
The deep and intense aroma of laurel can be used in aromatherapy. In addition to purifying the environment and repelling insects, this plant helps to relax the mind and overcome difficult emotions such as anguish, depression or fears. In addition, it helps to improve blood circulation so it provides a lot of vitality.
As we mentioned, laurel facilitates blood circulation. Therefore, this oil can be applied when performing lymphatic drainage massages. It is excellent for combating fluid retention and heaviness.
Another very common use is in the treatment of nervous tics or muscle stiffness. In addition, applying a few drops of laurel oil to the chest, before sleeping, helps control snoring.
Laurel for children:
Apply about 3 drops of laurel oil in a flavoring or diffuser to set the room. This helps fight panic attacks, fears, crying and vomiting in children.
Infusion is the easiest way to take advantage of all the properties of laurel. Put 2 laurel leaves in 200 ml of water. When it boils, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Finally remove the leaves and drink.
HOW TO PREPARE LAUREL OIL?
-250 ml almond oil.
-30 gr of dried bay leaves.
-Hermetic container with lid (it is necessary that it has an amber color so that the essence does not degrade with light).
Place the leaves inside the container. Cover with almond oil. It is important that the leaves are completely submerged. Cover very well and let stand for 30 days in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight. Periodically, shake the container.
If you liked this article, share it with your friends and family.