8 Alternative Uses Of Listerine Mouthwash That a Lot Of People Do Not Know
The product Listerine has been helping out the people cure the bad breath since the 1800s. People are constantly using this to get rid of the remaining germs in their mouth.
But are you aware that aside from these, there are also other ways that Listerine can be used?
1. Stinky Feet Cure
– The mouthwash has an astringent that is capable of killing the odor-causing bacteria. To use mix 2 parts of warm water in 1 part of Listerine. Soak your feet for about 20 minutes.
2. Cure for Toenail Fungus
– Toenail fungus can be gross – and smelly, too! Thankfully, you can prepare the Listerine solution (1 part Listerine in 2 parts warm water) from the previous page and use it to treat toenail fungus. Just soak your feet in the solution for around a few minutes per day, until the infection is gone.
-Blisters can be painful – and could lead to serious infections if left untreated. But if you have a bottle of Listerine, you’ll have nothing to worry about. Just soak a cotton ball in Listerine and dab the wet ball on the blisters. Repeat this up to three times a day, until the blisters disappear.
4. A cough and Cold Treatment
– By gargling undiluted Listerine twice a day, you can reduce the severity of your coughs and colds. If you’re lucky, the bacteria might even be gone before the sore and itchy feeling in your throat develops into full-blast coughs and colds! So, make it a habit to gargle with mouthwash twice a day.
5. Acne Cure
– No one wants to have acne (though it seems to be fashionable now!); thus, if your face is on the verge of an acne outbreak, just dab Listerine on the affected areas – and the acne will be gone by morning
6. Lice Infestation
-Whoa! I definitely didn’t know Listerine can also be used to kill lice! It seems that all you have to do is to soak up lice-infested head, including the scalp, with Listerine. Cover with a shower cap and let sit for an hour. Rinse thoroughly.
For best results, follow this Listerine treatment with white vinegar. Again, soak the head with white vinegar, cover with a shower cap, let sit for an hour, and rinse thoroughly.
– After rinsing your hair, massage the solution of 1/4 cup Listerine and 1 cup water unto your scalp. The antiseptic and anti-fungal properties in the mouthwash will take care of your dandruff issues – and you can continue using your favorite shampoo!
– Soak a cotton ball in the Listerine and apply it on your armpits. This will prevent your body from having unwanted body odor.